Senior Accountant - Leading Fin-Tech
Are you tired of working for archaic and stuffy financial services behemoths? One of the best Challenger Bank in Europe is recruiting a high calibre Senior Accountant to join their lean team in the City of London. Initially this will be a 12-month contract, however, there are opportunities for this to turn permanent.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, this is a refreshing opportunity to break into the fast paced and fascinating world of high growth Fin-Techs. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all financial accounting and reporting and be responsible for applying and instilling accounting best practices in this young finance team.
The ideal candidate will come from a large bank and be fed up with the outdated environment the cumbersome giants have. You will be looking to join a growing bank which is challenging the market and doing things differently.
- Responsible for delivery of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and year-end reporting
- Ensuring compliance with all financial reporting standards
- Liaising with the FP&A team to ensure appropriate accounting entries are recorded
- Point of contact for all external advisors, auditors, and stakeholders
- Liaising with in-house teams and external vendors to develop “best in class” accounting system
- Support the delivery of statutory accounts
- Prepare tax or regulatory related returns within deadlines
- Implementation and/or development of systems and internal controls
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Experience working within a large Financial Services organisation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- In-depth financial systems experience
- A proven track record of delivering financial reporting under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast moving environment
With a whole host of competitive benefits and perks, within a supportive, challenging and agile environment this is a very compelling bank to work for. It is truly one of the leading UK Fin-Techs.