Competitive package + 25 days holiday + half day on Fridays
Part of NFI Group, Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) is one of the world’s leading independent bus and coach manufacturers and the number one global producer of double deck buses. ADL employs around 2,500 people at facilities in the UK and around the world. As one of the fastest growing bus and coachbuilder in Western Europe, ADL encompasses three famous and successful marques – Alexander, Dennis and Plaxton and we are passionate about advancing the quality of life and travel by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient transport solutions that exceed the expectations of our global customers.
We are looking for a highly analytical Management Accountant to join our established Financial Shared Service Centre (FSSC) team in Skelmersdale.
Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Banking and Accounting and Payroll functions globally, the FSSC is at the heart of our business. In addition, the FSSC are setting and managing the Global Financial Improvements Agenda as we develop into a centre of excellence and deliver on our mission “to provide all stakeholders with the highest standard of service at all times, demonstrating a commitment to continually improve standards and process effectiveness whilst supporting one another as a team”.
About your skills and experience:
- You will have excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels
- You will have an inquisitive nature with ability to challenge constructively
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills allowing management and control of various financial activities, nominal ledger reconciliations and postings
- You will have excellent Excel skills, with the ability to create a range of formulas, detailed reports, pivot tables and you can easily manipulate data
- You will have the ability to prepare various detailed financial and operational reports
- You will have excellent time management skills with ability to balance changing priorities
- You have excellent knowledge of computerised Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and financial applications/systems
- You will have excellent presentation skills
- Due to the technical nature of the role, you have minimum three years management accounting experience, covering overheads and capex
- You have experience of identifying, developing and implementing process improvements
- As we have multiple sites, it is important that you are able to travel independently as required.
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a positive and can do attitude
- You are passionate about achievement of personal, team, department and organisational goals
- You are professional, have respectful approach, strong customer service and business partnering ethos
The Management Accountant role responsibilities:
- Payroll overheads budget co-ordination and reforecasting
- Monthly analysis of capex project costs and latest forecasts/projections
- Administration of capex requests
- Monthly payroll overheads reporting
- Investigation of payroll overheads variances to budget and forecasts
- Support as required with monthly payroll overhead meetings with the Executive and Senior management team to review spend and make recommendations for improvements
- Support as required with presentation of payroll overhead costs at monthly finance meetings
- Other overhead responsibilities as defined
- Completion of all related journals and balance sheet reconciliations for all activities
- Audit co-ordination for all activities
- Ensure all transactions are processed efficiently meeting defined service level requirements, KPI’s and objectives
- Review existing business processes and related systems to Identify improvement opportunities and implement to maximise process efficiency via increased automation, providing appropriate governance
- Supporting the FSSC to develop a positive constructive culture that encourages continuous improvement
- Other bank and accounting activities as required.
- Any other related activities/project work as required
- Completion and upkeep of related departmental policies, processes and procedures
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.
- We offer comprehensive benefits that align with our business strategies.
- You’ll have an interesting and technically challenging workload from day one, working
with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You’ll get to work cross functionally with colleagues around the world, with the ability to influence and see the tangible results of your hard work.
- It’s a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same with significant challenges for you to overcome.
- Alongside improving your Management Accounting skills you will also gain exposure to other parts of the business, in turn enhancing your future career prospects.
- We will support you with coaching and development with the tools and techniques you will need to succeed.
- We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages and values
the different experiences and backgrounds of our employees, spurring innovation, generating creative solutions and enhancing our customer relations.
- Employee helplines
If your skills and experience are matching with this challenging Management Accountant role and you want to join a growing, successful international business, then we would love to hear from you.