Finance Manager - Financial Services
We’re looking for a new Finance Manager to join this exciting SME bank. The business has experience growth and strong performance over the last few years, making it an exciting opportunity to join and help shape and business which is going to genuinely challenge the competitive market.
In this position you will report to the Financial Controller with a dotted line to the CFO. You will oversee a small team of junior finance professionals responsible for the production of Management and Statutory Accounts. This position will ideally suit someone who has recently qualified with experience in the financial services sector, who specifically wants to manage a team.
- Ownership of the reporting and reconciliations processes – production of management Accounts, MI and development of controls.
- Assess and improve processes to ensure compliance and efficiency
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Investigate variances vs budget and actuals across revenue streams and cost centres
- Provide BAU and ad-hoc advice and Management Information packs to help with decision making across the business.
- Work with Auditors and manage year end reporting
- Work with FC and CFO on ad hoc projects.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with up to two years Post-qualified experience.
- Experience within the Financial Services sector either in practice or Industry
- Strong IT skills (especially MS Excel)
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal
- Proactive nature / self-starter
If you’ve recently qualified with experience in the financial services sector and have strong leadership skills and a desire to genuinely impact a young and growing business, then this could be a great opportunity for you.