£50,000 per annum
About the Finance Director role
The role will have responsibility for financial planning, reporting, budgeting, IT, and statutory compliance in relation to the Charities Commission and Companies House. Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Director will also be a member of the n-compass senior management team and have a reporting role to the Audit Committee and Board of Trustees.
- To lead the development and implementation of the financial strategy for the business to ensure financial stability for the future.
- To review, develop and maintain a robust system of internal control for effective financial management.
- Be the lead contact for our external auditors.
- To lead the development of the annual business plan.
- The preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial plans/reports to the Board, Audit Committee and Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring the regulatory requirements of all statutory and regulatory bodies are met.
- Perform Company Secretary duties.
- To lead the finance and IT team in accordance with our values and culture.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of company financial policy, strategies and accounting principles
- Direct support to the CEO and Services Director in the formulation of annual budgets and in the prudent management of those budgets
- To ensure the delivery of timely and accurate financial reports, together with interpretation and recommendations to the Board, Audit Committee and the Senior Management Team to inform the decision-making process
- To continually assess the business risks facing the organisation and ensure that appropriate risk management systems are in place
- Manage relationships with external service providers, including, but not limited to, bankers, insurers, auditors, HMCE, payroll provider, etc.
- Ensure that the financial frameworks for costing and cash flow for significant bids are adhered to
- To review major funding bids to ensure that the financial information, and cost assumptions stand scrutiny
- To manage the IT function for the n-compass
- Professional accountancy qualification – essential
- Experiences of leading teams
- Relevant post-qualification work experience
- Substantial experience in preparation of budgets, forecasts & management accounts and all aspects of financial programming.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Excel and related applications
- Awareness of statutory requirements in relation to the Companies Act, and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of VAT
- Experience of working closely with banks and auditors.
- Experience in dealing with payment by result funding programmes.
- Experience in training and developing financial skills of non-finance staff
- Experience of computerised accounting packages, and ideally SAGE 50,100 or similar
- Experience of business / continuous improvement processes
- Experience of developing and implementing robust risk management processes
Skills and attributes of the Finance Director
- Well-developed influencing, communication and interpersonal skills and excellent presentational abilities, both written and oral
- Able to work to tight deadlines with conflicting demands on your time and to use own initiative to work proactively and independently, often working to deadlines set by others
- Ability to relate to, and work with, managers and decision makers at senior levels in public and third sector organisations
- Innovative and proactive approach to opportunities, issues and problems
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams within n-compass to deliver services and objectives
- Creative, imaginative and a lateral thinker
- Team player with sound initiative
Values and Attitude
- Commitment to the core values, aims, objectives, mission and vision of n-compass
- Belief in partnership working
n-compass Northwest was established in 2009 and is a not-for-profit organisation determined to improve the lives of vulnerable people across the region, delivering a range of Advocacy, Health and Wellbeing, Carers and Counselling services. N-compass’ values are what inspire us to make a difference and enhance life opportunities for adults and young people across local communities by being, professional, responsive, innovative, dynamic and empowering. They determine what we do, how we do it and what we are trying to achieve.
- A local employer working with local people
- 25 days holiday entitlement and bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday!
- 5% Employer Pension contribution
- Health Plan Scheme
- A protected company-wide learning and development funding pot
- Buy and Sell annual leave scheme
If you would like to apply for this vacancy you will need to submit your CV along with a two-sided cover letter outlining how you meet the Job Description & Person Specification to our jobs e-mail address.
You will find a copy of our Recruitment Pack on our website www.ncompassnorthwest.co.uk
n-compass is an equal opportunities employer.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (formally CRB)
Registered Charity Number: 1128809