Financial Accountant - Qualified
Ignata Finance are working with an international recognized organisation who are seeking to recruit a Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for a range of duties which will include involvement in the production of financial reports, compliance and controls and forecasting. This is a technical role which would suit candidates who are ACCA or ACA qualified with a good understanding of financial accounting. This is an excellent opportunity which will see the right candidate guided to controller level which will include team management.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally have the following experience:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified (CIMA Qualified candidates will be considered with the relevant technical expertise)
- Financial accounting experience which will include financial reporting, statutory accounting and compliance (ideally Sarbanes Oxley or something similar like experience of COSO)
- Experience of audting/working for a US Listed company would be a huge advantage
- Experience of managing a team (if you have supervised this is enough)
- If you are practice trained then you will ideally have experience of the following:
- Auditing plcs, American companies or large organisations
- If you are industry trained you will ideally have experience of:
- Working within a group function or shared service centre environment
- Responsible for all balance sheet reconciliations (include controls) and cashflow forecasting
- Responsible for statutory accounts, TAX And VAT requirements.
- Production of the monthly results and associated financial reporting.
- Ensure all corporate requirements are adhered to (Sarbanes Oxley – SOX compliance)
- Partner commercial finance and budget holders to drive profitability. This will include involvement in re-forecasting and budget process which will take place on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for reporting into Hyperion (HFM).
- Work with cost centre managers and stakeholders to ensure both the budget and forecasts are followed and report any variances.
- Assist with both treasury and banking duties
- Act as a key point of contact for annual audit process.
- Assist with systems upgrades and improvements when required.
Assist with ad hoc projects – from analysis to specific reporting requests