£45K - 50K Per Annum + Benefits
Every1Mobile 'E1M' is a progressive, complex small Group with a mission to roll out digital solutions that drive social change across emerging markets.The role reports into the Financial Controller and is pivotal in ensuring accurate reporting and financial control across the Group by demonstrating a commitment toward quality and continuous improvement.
This is a rewarding and varied role that gives the successful candidate significant short and long term opportunities within the business. This could be the perfect first move into commerce and industry for an ACCA qualified accountant with 2 years PQE experience in practice who can work to deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
Take responsibility for owning major parts of an effective & timely financial accounting regime. Devise with our Financial Controller an appropriate resource requirement & implementation of new systems / software where appropriate.
This role will take the majority of transaction processing, month-end journaling, banking, currency reporting and management of the chart of accounts structure. It requires judicious identification of low-cost, flexible capacity & support to be identified.
- Manage & deliver the monthly financial accounts for E1M UK, South Africa, Kenya & any additional subsidiaries as they arise. This means taking each company to draft financial accounts closure within 8 working days of month-end close, with an aim to reduce this timescale over time.
- Review & set up clear & optimised processes for the timely input of all transactional financial elements, sales ledger, bought ledger, payroll, cash, credit cards, expenses, etc.
- Define a clear month-end timetable, that improves the reliability of timely month-end close.
- Complete all necessary reconciliations, and maintain all supporting ledgers e.g. fixed assets, aged debtors, etc
- Contribute to the selection of a new accounting package, and implement the selected package to achieve agreed targets on monthly financial accounts close & consolidation.
- Monthly reporting PnL to forecast, balance sheets and cashflow
- Revenue recognition measurement and project reporting
- Consolidations for Group reporting
- Statutory reporting and audit work
- Al financial processes within nominal ledgers, bought and sales ledgers
- Maintaining the integrity of balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Ad hoc reports and admin
- Policing and maintenance of the PO system
- Credit/ debit card purchases
- Capex management
- Compilation of travel POs and itinaries
- Facilities management and liaising with Landlords
- Involvement in ad-hoc Group projects
- ACCA with 2 years PQE (Compulsory)
- Robust knowledge of financial processes and procedures (Compulsory)
- IT Literate with good Excel skills (Compulsory)
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to digest complex data, spot control risks within complex Companies and implement measures to avoid errors (Important)
- A working knowledge of IFRS 15 (An advantage)
- Able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Group consolidation and consolidation adjustments (An advantage)
In return you will receive:
- A competitive basic salary
- 24 days holiday
- Statutory Company pension
If this Financial Accountant role sounds right for you, please apply below now!