Competitive Salary + Great Benefits
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in our business at a time of major transformation, due to the integration of the LV and L&G businesses. This Financial Accountant role will provide you with some unrivalled experience to help you progress your career.
Based in our Guildford head office and reporting to the Head of Group Reporting, responsibilities for this Financial Accountant will include:
- Assisting the finance team in the integration of acquisitions into Allianz UK and ongoing reporting
- Focusing on statutory, regulatory and Allianz Group reporting requirements
- Preparation of the notes to the accounts regarding accounting policies adopted
- Preparation of technical papers for Group and external audit purposes to substantiate accounting policy adoption or changes as necessary
Skills and Experience required of our Financial Accountant:
- Recently qualified accountant (ideally from practice) or significant relevant experience
- Current technical knowledge of IFRS for general insurance statutory reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for the PRA (MVBS, QRTs, SFCR, RSR)
- Prior experience of integration or merger of businesses, ideally general insurance
- Knowledge of PGAAP reporting and disclosure
Benefits available to our Financial Accountant:
- A competitive salary which is reviewed annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Here at Allianz UK, we nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfill their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Recent industry awards we have won include General Insurer and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year at the British Insurance Awards 2019.
If this Financial Accountant role sounds right for you, please apply below now.