Group Capital FP&A Finance Manager
Group Capital FP&A Finance Manager
Welwyn Garden City
About the Finance Manager role:
Working within the Group Capital team, you will take the lead in driving consistency in the way we manage Capital across the Group. You will influence capital strategy through clear data and insight, and challenge the business to use this to optimise decisions.
Through this Finance Manager role you will be responsible for defining and implementing best practice framework and process for capital investments across the Group. You will work closely with the business units to provide clarity, guidance and support.
The Group Capital role will be accountable for leading capital planning including strategic plans, annual budget and forecasts. This includes ensuring capital allocation is data driven, and that planned capital investments will achieve the Global hurdle rates and KPIs.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure strong relationships are built with both finance and non-finance stakeholders globally
- Working with the Group finance teams, business unit’s internal capital FPA teams and asset management to ensure best practice and capital policies are adopted.
- Ensure capital reporting across the group is efficiently delivered and consistent
- Delivering the annual capital prioritisation exercise working with the local country business planning teams
- Delivering high quality Capital Planning and Review packs to ensure the Business leaders are fully engaged in Group capital strategy, planning and performance
You will need:
- An analytical mind-set and attention to detail
- Strong management reporting skills
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to influence Senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply to a wide range of stakeholders with varying levels of understanding
- Strong integrity, empathy, drive and resilience and a keen sense of ownership
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject (or relevant experience in industry)
- Professional accounting qualification
- Demonstrable commercial experience
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Drive and enthusiasm to get the job done
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you:
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Apply for this Finance Manager role based in Welwyn Garden City by clicking the Apply button now.