Senior Finance Business Partner
1 day left
- Full Time
An opportunity to join an organisation with a high trust high performance culture as a Senior Finance Business Partner based in Leeds. An initial 15 month contract, but could lead onto further work for the right candidate.
A not for profit organisation based in Leeds who have embraced a high trust and high performance culture that allows their staff to work dynamically to meet business needs including the ability to work from home at all levels.
As Senior Finance Business Partner you will be using your accountancy experience to provide efficient and effective management of the organisation's accounts, management and financial reporting. You will provide effective line management of staff ensuring a high quality customer focussed, timely and accurate service from all finance staff to the rest of the organisation's staff, striving for continual improvement.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
* Lead and Co-ordinate the monthly and quarterly management accounts including financial information and the narrative report, ensuring key deadlines are met
* Prepare the monthly Management Accounts, review for variances and analyse as necessary in accordance with monthly timescales
* Prepare separate management information sheets for each budget holder (revenue and capital items) and oversee management information sheets completed by other posts including payroll, overheads, maintenance, bad debts etc.
* Oversee and review reconciliations prepared by others in the finance team
* Liaise with and provide support to budget holders in monitoring their budgets ensuring their variance explanations make sense, and correct /follow through any issues found
* Ensuring accuracy of all financial information through preparing and inputting corrective journals as necessary, assisting in coding of invoices as required, adding new costs centres and cost accounts to the nominal ledger
* Proactively produce the annual budget and half year budget update where delegated by the Head of Finance, meeting with budget holders and ensuring key deadlines are met
* Input the annual and half year budget into the nominal ledger
* Assist in: updating and maintaining the 30 year business plan, the production of Board papers as and when required and the production of the annual budget
* Deliver ad hoc analysis and reporting, acting as a 'finance buddy' for other departments, to enhance and support decision making across the organisation
* Responsible for preparation of annual financial statements, including audit working documents prepared to a high standard, investigating any anomalies
* Preparation and submission of the quarterly VAT return
* Work with other key staff, from time to time, to ensure consistency of Performance Indicators and other data across the organisation
* Maintenance of the fixed asset register including reconciliation of all development costs to the nominal ledger, liaising with the Development department to ensure accuracy of transactions
* Process disposals for outright sales and first tranche sales including reconciliation to the nominal ledger, liaising with the Development department to ensure accuracy of transactions
Candidates will be fully qualified ( ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA or equivalent ) and will have had previous experience as a Senior Finance Business Partner and will have ideally worked within a similar not for profit sector such as charity, housing or education.
£40,000 - £45,000 depending upon relevant experience