Cedar is currently working closely with a renowned PR company, based in Central London, that is urgently seeking a experienced Management Accountant.
Joining a team of 10 in the London office, and liaising with a team of up to 20 from the EMEA regions, the successful applicant will be responsible for the financial accounting of various European entities.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Responsible for ensuring that the EMEA finance functions are operating effectively
- Manage each entities' balance sheets, ensuring accuracy and that all accounts are accurate and reconciled each month;
- Manage month-end closes and ensure that deadlines are met
- Produce draft P&L's & Balance Sheets timely and accurately
- Reconcile statutory accounts to the management accounts for EMEA regions;
- Manage internal audits, and assist with external audits
- Review and chase debtors
- Inter-company reconciliations
- Review weekly cash flows for each entity, liaising with the European FD regularly
- Manage and control overhead costs for assigned offices
- Handle client budget tracking as appropriate
- Oversee the billing process and ensure that billing is issued timely and accurately
- Ensure that statutory accounts and tax returns are produced in a timely and accurate fashion
- Managing local banking relationships
- Used to hitting tight reporting deadlines with an eye for accuracy and completeness
- Demonstrable experience in developing processes and controls in a finance function
- Good working knowledge of Job Costing systems and WIP management
- Experience and practical understanding of financial requirements in various European countries
- Effective relationship building and communication skills
- Systems literate and intermediate Excel
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.