Cedar is currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant for an instantly recognisable events company, based in Central London. The company is one of the leading events operators within the music industry and boasts a global footprint.
They are currently looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant who is able to assist with the production of the management accounts, ideally within another events company, though this is not essential. The successful candidate will not only have the required skillset but have a passion for music and attending concerts/events.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Compare budgets and forecasts for each event together with explanations of major variances
- Preparation of monthly cash flows, highlighting potential areas of concern
- Purchase invoice processing
- Preparation and review of P&L accounts
- Monthly review of all ongoing budget expenditure with stakeholders, highlighting risk areas where budgets are likely to be exceeded
- Attending meetings with Management and Partners to discuss results and action points
- Monthly production of balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing purchase and sales ledger balances with managers
- Preparation of year-end audit files and liaison with auditors
- Support the UK Financial Accountant in preparation of statutory accounts
- ACCA or CIMA studier with strong accounting knowledge
- Experience in producing Management Accounts and Balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent IT skills, strong Excel and experience of Oracle accounting an advantage
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach, with a problem-solving mind-set
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.