Commercial Finance Manager
Commercial Finance Manager Derby - up to £55,000 DOE + £5k car allowance
Your new company
A leading third party logistics and supply chain solutions provider. Covering industry sectors as diverse as energy, retail, consumer goods and construction.
Your new role
- This role will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance and payroll departments
- Manage all site financial activities in a manner that adds value to the client and the business to achieve key operational performance objectives.
- To ensure financial control requirements are met providing a reliable service to the operation whilst meeting budgetary requirements.
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve site targets.
- Leading the finance and commercial relationship with the customer on a specific contract
- Responsible for overseeing the Company and Customer period ends inclusive of variance analysis including preparation of high quality key financial information for internal and external customers.
- Facilitating and leading the Company and Customer Annual Budgets and Forecasting key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a motivated team by providing direction, two-way feedback / communication and effectively monitoring performance to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- To communicate key performance targets in all areas conveying facts and ideas clearly, accurately, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing.
- Communicate contractual requirements and the benefits of change, demonstrating a clear understanding of the commercial and operating environment of the business and client
- Build a rapport, develop trust with the customer and colleagues
- Ensure audits are conducted in line with company policy and procedure and financial regulations.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, financial records are accurate, budgets and forecasts accurately completed
- Understands and embraces the culture of the site and actively participates in developing an open / honest environment.
- Integral member of the Senior Management Team which has the responsibility for driving safety, people, service, financial and commercial performance to ensure the company deliver their contractual obligations
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA/ACMA/ACA Qualified
- Strong numeric / literacy skills to A level or equivalent level
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Experience of warehouse and distribution would be useful but not critical
- Understanding the dynamics of open/closed book contracts
- Customer relationship management experience is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in return
- Excellent benefits including generous holidays, car allowance, pension scheme, healthcare, life assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.