Assistant Accountant (Finance Specialist)
Our client, a rapidly expanding international technology business, seeks a Financial Specialist (Assistant Accountant) for its growing UK finance team.
As a Finance Specialist, you'll provide all-round support to the UK finance function and financial operations. You'll be responsible for invoices and purchases, reconcile transactions and payments on a regular basis as well as assisting the Head of UK Finance with month-end reporting, management reporting and special projects.
As the business is rapidly expanding, the company is seeking someone who can thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment; someone who will play a very pivotal role in the company's success.
Applicants should come from a strong transactional finance background - Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR) bank reconciliations etc and ideally be working towards a professional accounting qualification.
Due to planned growth in the organisation, this role is ideal for someone who's career driven and who can progress as the business expands.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant - AAT, ACA, ACCA, CA, CIMA or equivalent. People 'qualified by experience' will be considered on merit
- Previous experience working in an accounts payable/assistant role desirable
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Methodical and self-disciplined approach to work
- Strong verbal, numerical and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and use initiative
- Prior knowledge/use of an accounting ledger preferably Oracle