Up to £46,000 per annum Depending on Experience + Amazing Benefits
Who you’d be working with…
We are a world class business innovating personalised solutions for its partners; delivering an aspirational working culture for its people.
What you would be doing…
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fantastic company at a very exciting time. You, as a Management Accountant would report to our highly skilled Finance Controller and work alongside 6 other really friendly finance professionals. The whole team works really closely together and is also tightly connected with the whole business, our member partners and business partners. This will give you the great opportunity to both bounce ideas off and learn from each other.
The overall purpose of your job is to analyse and report actionable information to a wide audience providing business support through financial planning and analysis.
Role is exposed to all elements of ATC Group’s activities and is responsible for all Budgeting and Forecasting processes and focusing on “measures that matter”.
Role provides a major contribution to the delivery of financial plans and enables management to identify areas for corrective action and opportunities for growth and improvement.
In this Management Accountant role, you would be responsible for….
Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of group monthly reporting pack (within “best practice” reporting timeframes) and revision of reporting formats from time to time ensuring that they are always relevant and always focus on “key messages”
- Responsible for revenue “closing activities” (e.g. calculation of accrued/ deferred revenues;) and all revenue reporting and variance analysis (with increased emphasis on YoY analysis by product/customer)
- Providing timely responses to ad hoc requests for financial information/reports from management.
- Development of new business models; reports; data extracts, “what if” analysis etc. on and ad hoc basis as required.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual ABTA and CAA returns
- Responsible for complete management of consolidated budgeting (annually) and forecasting (biannually) processes for all group all entities and ensuring maximum participation across the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that key gross margin / cost areas for the ATC Group are properly monitored and that management has full financial performance visibility at all times
- Hold monthly meetings with line of business managers to review actual performance against budget and to ensure that they are aware of “performance risks” (i.e. risks to achieving target NPBT levels) at all times.
- Make recommendations to LOB and other executive managers as to corrective action where necessary.
- Conduct cost reviews etc. as required by executive management from time to time
- Support FC in preparation of business cases in support of proposed business initiatives (e.g. IT projects; new commercial initiatives etc.)
- Review of new commercial contract account applications for credit checking purposes and provide financial review support to AFS team from time to time
Data Integrity; Systems and Change Management
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller and Financial Accountant continuously monitor departmental efficiencies and internal controls and respond to breakdowns/identified weaknesses
- Coordinate systems enhancements/changes (e.g. Sage; CRM; BI tool); lead change projects
- Together with the FC and Financial Accountant manage relationship with Operations and IT team ensuring that Finance’s needs are properly communicated and managed / prioritised.
- Proactively keep abreast of all business activities so that impacts on accounting treatment & systems can be anticipated and systems modified if necessary.
Internal Communication and Staff Management
- Work closely with local teams across all lines of business so that performance risks are well understood at all times.
- Proactively participate in group extended management team meetings as required
Experience / Requirements
- ACCA / CIMA qualified
- 3-5 years post qualification experience
- Travel industry exp preferred
- Must be a finance professional with a strong commercial emphasis and understanding that finance is an ‘enabler’ to improve and drive business growth and efficiency and not a ‘blocker’.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – with the ability to communicate financial matters to managers at all levels
- Consistent track record of taking ownership and making things happen
- Strong ability to take initiative and “self-start” when necessary
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proactive, process- and results-driven, able to set priorities right and committed to deadlines
- Highly proficient in Excel and with systems generally
What our Management Accountant will get in return…
Immediately after you start:
- 23 days leave, increasing by a day after two years’ service (to a max of 28 days)
- Birthday off and birthday vouchers
- Ability to buy/sell up to 5 days per year
- Contributory Pensions, where Advantage contributes 5% towards required 8% total
- Free fruit on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care paid for (in part)
- Childcare vouchers
- Central head office location
And then after probation:
- Fully paid for BUPA
- Life Assurance/Death in Service Cover
- Gym membership for £10 per month
- Rail loan
- Cycle to work
- Potential 10% end of year bonus
You want to apply for this Management Accountant role? Excellent. Here’s how…
It’s easy. All you need to do is send us your up to date CV by clicking the apply button below. And because we want you to show off and shine from the outset, we ask that you send us a personal statement giving us insight beyond the experience and achievements included in your CV.
Don’t worry, we’re definitely not looking for pages and pages of script. We would prefer you to be punchy and to get to the point sooner rather than later.