Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Named after the light-giving spell in Harry Potter, Lumos is an international children’s organisation founded by J.K. Rowling in 2005. We have a bold mission: to have a world without institutions and orphanages by 2050. Research shows the dramatic harm that institutional care causes to children and the proven benefits of the alternatives: community and family care. Lumos tackles the root causes of family separation – poverty, trafficking and discrimination – and transforms care systems around the world. We speak up on behalf of children trapped in institutions and reunite them with their families. And we change education, health and social care systems so every child can thrive.
This Finance Business Partner role is based at the UK HQ and provides financial business partnering support and assistance to Lumos globally.
Main responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner: -
- Lead on the production of monthly management accounts.
- Investigate and report on significant month-end variances.
- Meet regularly with budget holders to assess financial performance and to provide financial management information, analysis and advice.
- Maintain and issue the monthly management accounts finance timetable.
- Work with senior managers and programme leads to prepare business cases, bids or tenders.
- Provide assistance to the fundraising team in developing phased income budgets and reforecasts.
Requirements of the Finance Business Partner: -
- Demonstrable evidence of strong finance business partnering skills.
- CCAB qualified accountant.
- Ability to analyse data, clearly identify variances and anomalies, and design apt financial reports.
- Advanced MS Excel user and competent with Word
- Knowledge of Sun Systems, Q&A competence and/or Salesforce is desirable.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cashflow planning experience.
- Maintenance of coding systems experience.
Our newly refurbished office is based in the City core of London with underground and mainline stations Monument, Cannon Street, Bank and London Bridge all within a 5-minute walk. Bike storage is also available. The local area offers a diverse range of amenities, cafés and restaurants with Leadenhall market, Borough market and the Royal Exchange located nearby.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Life Assurance and Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Season ticket loan scheme and Childcare Vouchers
- Dynamic, interesting environment
- Regular staff social events and activities
If you are committed to protecting and empowering the world’s most vulnerable children, join us as a Finance Business Partner.
2 stage interview - week of 21st October 2019
To start in role: end of November 2019
Right to Work:
If you do not already have the right to work in the UK, please think carefully before applying. This is because even if the role is sufficiently skilled to qualify for sponsorship, we will be unable to sponsor you if there is a suitably qualified settled worker available to fill the role (this is known as the ‘resident labour market test’) unless you are currently in the UK and your immigration status and qualifications mean that the resident labour market test will not apply in your case.
Lumos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records checks where legally permitted.
Apply for this Finance Business Partner role based in London by clicking the 'Apply' button now.
Closing date: 13th October 2019.