Fund Accountant – PE / Real Estate Funds
My client is an established and experienced provider of fund and corporate services and one of the major players within the sector. Due to continued growth and increased workloads, they are now looking for a Fund Accountant to join their team reporting directing to a Manager / Senior Manager. The successful candidate will be given a full mandate of various funds, and will be responsible for the fund administration and service to Real Estate and/or PE funds for institutional investors and real estate investment structures.
Some of the responsibilities in the role will involve:
- Being the central point of contact between the internal team and external service providers and clients
- Prepare and/or review of management, interim and audited accounts for all the section’s clients
- Control and monitor the bookkeeping process and take ownership of client ledgers
- Assist with planning of annual audits and liaise with clients to establish timetables for the receipt of valuations and advisers reports and other relevant information
- Oversee the preparation of carried interest and other calculations in accordance with the fund documentation
- Ensure that the calculations and monitoring of capital adequacy of licensed entities is correct
- Deputise if required during Line Manager Absences.
- Manage, train and develop junior team members
- To assist with all aspects of general administration of clients.
- Review of corporate tax & VAT returns
The right individual will have previous experience and knowledge of accounting within Private Equity Administration or Investment Banking and the following attributes:
- At least 2 years working with a financial institution, preferably within P.E.
- Ability to reflect and review actions
- Self-motivated and able to motivate the team
- Good communication skills, and can think creatively and deliver pragmatic solutions
- Posses personal qualities of integrity and discretion
- Advanced Excel skills