Ignata Finance have partnered a global business located in Gatwick for the recruitment of a Project Accountant. Due to a recent internal promotion my client is seeking an active studier (or recently qualified) to join their growing projects team. You will support the Financial Controller to manage the live projects which will include involvement in actual v forecast, cashflow analysis and business partnering to the projects and operational managers to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with timelines and budget allocation. This is a superb opportunity for individuals wishing to pursue a career within project accounting within a business which will offer the opportunity to rise to the top and develop their commercial acumen.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally match the following:
- Studying towards ACCA or CIMA or recently qualified
- Management accounting experience in relation to project accounting
- Revenue recognition
- Long-term contract accounting
- Experience of estimated at completion (EAC)
- Cashflow forecasting and budgeting
- Experience of business partnering ideal Programme and Project Managers
- Experience of working in the following industries would be highly desirable: Manufacturing, Utilities, Construction, House builders or Engineering.
- Act as a key point of contact for all operational finance matters in relation to projects.
- Ensure robust checks on project costs and forecasts. This will involve regular meetings and continuously monitoring the EAC’s (estimated at completion).
- Produce regular financial reports using dashboards.
- Ensure projects are updated in the project and accounting system.
- Liaise with Programme Managers to obtain and accurately report financial data.
- Carry out revenue recognition on all new contacts and ensure the initial budget is put together and communicated.
- Responsible for month end duties which will include journal entry, analysing project results, revenue and margin reporting as well as all associated balance sheet reconciliations in line with regulations.
- Ad hoc reporting/assisting with annual audit preparation.