Treasury Assistant / Cashier
Treasury Assistant / Cashier - Real Estate. Our Client is an established estate agent and has been operating in the property sector for over 40 years. They cover high-end locations in and around London. They are currently looking for a Residential Lettings Accountant to join their Lettings Accounting team. The Treasury Assistant / Cashier will be reporting to the department head / team leader.
The Role will include:
- Inputting supplier invoices into the accounting system, posting them to the correct account.
- Liaising with the relevant members and ensuring supplier invoices are paid promptly by the landlords.
- Performing monthly account statement reconciliation.
- Ensuring the required funds are available in the specified landlord account.
- Investigating any discrepancies between payments made to suppliers and funds reclaimed from client accounts.
- Ensuring that the supplier payments have been authorised and submitted on the company banking system.
- Generating and issuing remittance advices to suppliers following completion of the supplier payment run in line with company procedure.
- Reconciling the TDS Statement on receipt.
- Processing cheques received on the company accounting system on a daily basis.
- Reconciling monthly statements and investigating any outstanding.
- Printing and signing off tenant referencing invoices.
- Preparing and analysing the Rent Recovery Policy charges, investigating and obtaining a resolution of any discrepancies in line with company procedures.
The Person must be working in another estate agency in the capacity of a Treasury Assistant / Cashier and is an experienced user of Excel (proficient in v-lookups and pivot tables). The incumbent will have experience and knowledge of various legislations around handling client monies. The candidate will be able to work well in a fast paced environment and is able to accurately process large volumes of documents, within tight deadlines whilst remaining vigilant to anomalies and discrepancies. It will also be highly advantageous if the successful candidate has experience of property management software such as CML, CFP or Vebra. The right candidate will have excellent communication skills, both by email and on telephone.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook