Senior Property Accountant
Our client is one of the largest, established, fully integrated property companies in the UK. They have a varied portfolio made up of multi-platform prime assets and the value of their AUM exceeds £3b. The business is definitely at the forefront of property development and asset management and due to continued growth they are now keen to add a Senior Property Accountant to their team. This role will also play an active part in business partnering across a number of teams, leading a small team of accountants and financial accounting responsibilities for a complex portfolio.
- First point of contact for finance operations across a varied portfolio
- Acting as business partner across a number of internal teams and senior stakeholder
- Responsibility for Service Charge budgets worth up to £25m
- Preparation of annual SC budgets, and contributing to the group budgeting plan – including 5 year business plans
- Year-end accounting for your portfolio
- Month end processes, tenant recharging, deferrals, prepayments and accruals
- Managing and analysing the balance sheet accounts for properties within your portfolio
- Continuously supporting process improvements across the team and function
- Proven track record in a similar role with a property developer or housebuilder.
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Demonstrable team management experience
- Demonstrable experience of service charge accounting and reporting
- Proficient in MS office with very strong Excel skills. Experience in financial modelling is desirable.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; communicates confidently at all levels.