Our client a professional and respected Accountancy Firm are seeking an Agricultural Accounts Manager.
The role will involve supporting other team members and review of their work as well as accounts preparation, tax advice, and business services for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and individuals.
- To take responsibility of a rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing all round accounting services and advice;
- Review year end accounts and resulting income tax or corporation tax returns;
- Control and review VAT return preparation;
- Deal with day to day client matters and liaise on general issues and specific one off projects;
- Provide a comprehensive business advice service through client meetings and business plans;
- Manage the portfolio to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Organise and oversee the administration of the client portfolio to deal with billing and work flow;
- Market the firm and help to bring in new clients as well as promoting added value services provided by the firm;
- Supervisory role - assist with the day to day running of the department; mentor and train more junior members of the team; manage the overall workloads of the department together with other managers in the group.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent);
- Practice experience (either large, national firm or regional, independent accountancy practice);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues and clients;
- Be able to demonstrate technical expertise along with the additional competencies in client facing, business development ability and aptitude to progress in the firm;
- Ambition and drive with business development skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team to develop the firms client base.