We are currently working alongside a highly professional and progressive firm of accountants who are seeking to appoint an experienced Tax Senior.
You will be joining a firm who encourage and support personal development, as well as offering the chance to maintain a work-life balance.
The main duties of the position will be to deliver an efficient and comprehensive tax service to clients, whilst meeting deadlines and supporting the directors with ad-hoc tasks and queries.
- To have a strong working knowledge of and undertake annual tax compliance work to include the preparation of personal tax returns, trust tax returns and partnership tax returns.
- To be responsible for managing the statutory deadlines for the tax compliance work and ensure work is completed to meet deadlines.
- Preparation of the year-end tax letters for the firm.
- Preparation of the annual P11D letters for the firm and assist with the preparation of the P11D forms.
- Provide ad hoc support to Directors and staff on more complex tax issues.
- To keep up to date with current tax legislation and inform Directors and key staff of any changes.
- To have excellent client relationship skills, to be able to build strong relationships and handle client queries in a positive and client focused manner.
- At least 3 years' experience of personal tax compliance work
- Must be CTA qualified
- Experience of complex tax return preparation and willing to undertake new (challenging) tasks which may include complex areas of tax
- Excellent client communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheet development