Assistant Audit Manager
Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Audit Manager based in Plymouth, Devon.
As an Assistant manager you will work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. The client base is from a number of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with the companies product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help grow the business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
The Individual Qualifications and Skills
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification. Candidates who are exam qualified and approaching full qualification / membership will be considered.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of e-audit
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities. Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).