The Audit Senior will carry out audit (around 90%) and accounts (around 10%) assignments as allocated by the Audit Manager. The Senior is expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file for manager or partner review.
Our client is a top 100 accountancy firm with a reputation for their technical knowledge and capability. They are fully rounded business advisers assisting their clients with the long term planning of their business.
- Planning the Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team.
- Preparing the audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing the audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stock-takes etc.
- Preparing bank and other certificates.
- Attending stock-takes.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Controlling the assignments and ensuring that each section of the assignment is completed within the agreed budget. Reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded.
- Managing the team whilst out on site to ensure team produces high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards and that end of job appraisals are carried out for the team.
- Presenting the Audit Manager with a complete assignment file with minimal review points.
- Accounts package drafted (letters/minutes/certificates etc)
- Detailed costing of time budget
- Management Letter points.
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets on CCH
- To liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries raised.
- Keep technically up to date
- To be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Cross sell other services to clients to contribute to incremental fee income for the Firm.
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department
- The Audit Senior will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including solid audit experience (min 75% of current role)on a mix of clients (corporate, charities, FSA etc).
- Experience within a Mid Tier Practice essential (min 5 Partner Firm)
- Applicants must be a car owner - owing to the location of our client base
- Knowledge of current UK GAAP accounting standards essential.
- Highly IT literate including Sage and Caseware experience an advantage
- First class communication skills and the ability to supervise and manage a team essential.
Competitive salary and benefits