Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Salary: to £60,000 (full time equivalent) based on experience,
Pension: Auto enrolment scheme,
Annual leave: 32 days (full time equivalent and including public holidays)
Parking: Free onsite parking
Gym: The company has its own on-site gym available to all employees.
Core Control Solutions Limited is a systems integrator specialist in control and automation systems design and implementation, being based in a semi-rural location close to Ilkeston and junction 25 of the M1.
The company has a number of high-profile clients and contractors in civil engineering and infrastructure, together with smaller clients in a variety of industries.
The company is looking to recruit a part-time Head of Finance to lead the finance and administration functions and develop processes and procedures. A competitive salary will be offered that reflects the importance of the role.
The position requires a flexible three-day working week and the company is keen to attract applicants with a strong organisational attitude who may be attracted to this combination of reduced work time and increased personal time.
As the company grows and the role develops, it is envisaged that additional workloads will be carried out by a combination of investment in technology and increasing the number of finance team colleagues, rather than increasing the working time required from the Head of Finance.
The company is looking for a qualified accountant interested in a senior financial management role in a small, busy and evolving company. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will work closely with the current part-time Head of Finance, who is looking to retire, with a plan to replace him within a short period.
Reporting to the directors and working closely at all levels across the organisation, the position will be responsible for leading the technical accounting functions, together with providing key involvement in commercial aspects of the company’s activities. An ability to build relationships with internal and external finance and non-finance parties, including external advisors, is key to the role.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading a small accounts and administration team and the entire finance function.
- Maintaining and improving processes to ensure efficient and accurate accounting records are in place and to ensure all control accounts reflect accurate and up to date values.
- Establishing company-wide costing information and implementing product profitability and customer profitability systems and reporting routines.
- Working with the company’s accounting system and having responsibility over operation, development and training requirements and establishing integration routines with other discrete systems. This includes having a strong input and responsibility over operations not traditionally associated with the finance function in isolation.
- Ensuring that the accounting processes are sufficient to maintain records that comply with up to date accounting and reporting standards and working closely with the external reporting accountant.
- Overseeing the outsourced payroll and maintenance of the pension functions. A knowledge of payroll practices and regulations and auto-enrolment pension obligations is expected.
- General company tax awareness relating to Corporation tax, VAT and import duty handling and factors relevant to export arrangements and routines is desirable alongside the ability to recognise specific tax advantages relevant to the company’s activities. A detailed knowledge of company tax matters is not necessarily expected.
- An awareness of CIS regulations and the ability to manage the company’s obligations as both a contractor and sub-contractor in the construction industry.
- Ensuring familiarity with a variety of customer and supplier contracts, including reviewing and making recommendations on potential trading agreements including trading terms and conditions and preferred supplier agreements.
- Leading the credit control function including establishment and maintenance of relationships with customers and suppliers and ensuring up to date credit monitoring is maintained. Communication to all relevant personnel including senior management to ensure awareness of credit agreements and issues that may arise.
- Involvement with and advising on HR issues in collaboration with senior management and external advisors.
- Refining and leading the company’s administration and compliance routines concerning its quality standards memberships.
The applicant must be CIMA/ACCA/ACAEW qualified, ideally with experience in a technical design or manufacturing organisation.
As a potential senior figure in the organisation and a central contact in the business, it is expected that the successful applicant should be able to work autonomously, establish and deliver to strict deadlines and drive development of processes and procedures both directly and indirectly related to the finance function.
It is not expected that applicants will have gained experience in all the responsibilities specified, but please email CV’s outlining any experience within these areas by clicking the apply button.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.