Management Accountant - Ecommerce
4 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Accountant to join the Finance Team at our Head Office based in Eastbourne to develop and progress our Web Management accounts and Financial accounts processes.
This role sits within a busy Finance Team situated at our Head Office which supports a network of over 170 branches nationwide, plus our ecommerce websites which have been growing significantly in recent years. This position would be an ideal next step for someone who is looking to progress in their career and who would relish the opportunity to work in a dynamic and evolving team.
This role will focus on working with and supporting our Ecommerce businesses including wallpaperdirect.co.uk. This is an exciting time to take on this role as we are about to relaunch our website - brewers.co.uk as part of a B2C project that will enable significantly more retail customers to buy from us online.
Brewers Decorator Centres are the largest independent supplier of decorating materials across the UK, supplying both trade and retail customers across the country. Brewers is still a family-owned business with a wonderful heritage and over 110 years in our industry, which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with our market.
What does the role of Management Accountant involve?
Reporting to the Group Finance Reporting Manager and Senior Management Accountant, some of the key responsibilities will include the production of Online websites management and financial accounts as well as overhead expenditure reporting, in addition to providing comprehensive support to key relations across our Web team, budget holders and Head Office network.
A real positive to this role will be the opportunity for involvement in various projects outside of BAU, providing opportunities to do ‘something different’ and enable the individual to develop their skills and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing robust and timely financial information for trading activities of the group, particularly accounting and reporting for our Web businesses, overheads and department cost centres in accordance with the Group’s accounting policies and timeframe.
- Owning the production of the Online websites’ management accounts, ensuring robust & insightful reporting.
- Assistance with the Annual budgeting process and reforecasts
- Calculate, justify and review all relevant provisions, accruals and prepayments.
- Review and processing of utility related invoices and analysis thereon of expenditure
- Ongoing expenditure analysis and review against budget and past performance including commentary and forecasting.
- Involvement in preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations and other financial controls. Understand and promote the importance of robust financial controls.
- Preparation of US subsidiary accounts (local currency), accounting for foreign exchange transactions and intergroup balances.
- Support in the preparation of statutory financial statements of UK and overseas entities and assisting with the annual audit process.
- Providing information for tax purposes to external advisors and reviewing tax computations.
- Compile information for 3rd party to facilitate filing of overseas VAT returns
- Oversee and ensure the completion and submission of all Office of National Statistics returns.
- Support in driving continual improvement in ways of working, financial process and reporting, and system interfaces.
Who we are looking for:
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or finalist level
- Management accounting and Statutory Financial Accounting experience
- Experience working in an accountancy practice, including audit desirable
- Experienced with accounting for multi-currency transactions and foreign subsidiary reporting
- Previous experience of Ecommerce and Retail
- Experience with financial reporting and budgeting processes, delivering high quality reports
- Strong in data management and analysis
- Clear attention to detail and ‘right first’ time approach
- Willingness to use initiative to resolve issues and seek solutions
- Confident self-motivator with ability to manage own time effectively, work under pressure and to deadlines, with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Desire for continual improvement, embracing technology and driving efficient ways of working
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as being proactively independent
Alongside a competitive salary you will also receive:
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service
- Free life assurance
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan through Legal & General
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts