4 days left
- Full Time
Salary: Up to £90,000 per annum
An Innovate and substantially funded University spin out technology company in central Oxford is looking for a highly experienced Financial Director to join their growing team. Working alongside the CEO you will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy (across all branches in the group) and will be expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these finding with the most profitable outcomes.
The company is at the very forefront of its tech sector and they are incredibly secure in these fairly uncertain times with £60m GBP in funding to push their already patented technology to the next level. This is a great opportunity to start with a company that has large financial backing with scope to push your career to the next level.
Financial Director Responsibilities:
- Form a close working relationship with CEO and other Senior Executives within the group
- Co-ordinating corporate finance, managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Take overall responsibility for the company’s accounting function
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans and targets
- Responsible for the Admin team and IT support
- Financial Director Requirements:
- Advance degree in accounting, business, and finance
- 5+ years’ experience at FD level
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills both written and verbal to help departments plan and manage their budgets
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail, organisational, planning skills and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Knowledge of grant funding - Innovate UK
- Good working knowledge of R&D tax credits
We are looking to appoint an organised and diligent individual who is team orientated but able to work independently. Someone who is excited at the opportunity to be joining this leading-edge tech company at the start and become an integral part in the growth of this business.
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Auto enrolment pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance (Death in Service), Dental Cover and enhanced Holiday Entitlement (25 days + bank hols)
You may have experience of: Head of Finance, Group Finance Director, Finance Director, Finance Manager, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Financial Controller, Director of Finance, ACCA, ACA, etc.