Head of Finance
Award winning city based professional services client offering a wide range of legal services are looking to appoint a ‘hands-on’ and commercially focused senior finance professional. This is number one finance role and a key appointment – you will be expected to provide a high level of both commercial and financial support to the Managing Partner, key stakeholders and the wider business.
This exciting opportunity is extremely varied and requires a ‘hands-on’ individual with a proven ability to manage and ensure prompt cash collection.
Key duties include:
- Set the agenda for the weekly finance meeting with the designated equity and salaried partners to discuss key problems and debtor issues.
- Lead a finance team of 10.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to create a robust annual budget.
- Preparation of the monthly management and year-end accounts.
- Maintain robust controls in accordance with legislation.
- Business partner and provide key analysis for the partners – for example by monitoring current and capital account status.
- Using variance reports – ensure debtor days and work in progress are kept as low as possible.
- Deal with all banking arrangements.
- Deliver training to the accounts team and the firm.
- Prepare property accounts.
The client is looking for a passionate and personable individual with strong leadership and change management skills. You must be experienced at preparing and reviewing monthly financial reports, be both strategically focused yet be prepared to get involved in the detail and have excellent attention to detail. A teamplayer, friendly and outgoing approach is a must.