RattrayParkin are currently supporting the recruitment requirements of a highly successful business services group which is seeking to appoint a high-calibre finance professional to take the Finance Director position within its largest division.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the finance function, driving excellence and ensuring financial control. They will also work closely with the divisional and group executive teams to ensure that finance plays a central role within the business and supports its commercial performance.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Ensure that a robust financial control environment exists at all times across all aspects of the finance function
Ensure that the P&L and balance sheet are an accurate representation of the financial state of the business
- Responsible for the annual budget process and ongoing rolling forecasts
- Continually review systems and processes to ensure that they are not only robust but operate to highest practical levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Review inherited systems to ensure compliance and practicality
- Ensure that the finance function adheres rigorously to all the accounting standards and guidelines laid down by group
- Deliver periodic reporting to the group to the required levels of accuracy & timeliness
- Work closely with the executive team, keeping them appraised of all key issues (financial and business) which may impact on the results of the business
- Provide the management information to allow the executive team and their direct reports to monitor business progress against plan
- Lead on the analysis of trends and KPIs and interpret relevant output to assist in key business and commercial decision making
- Set the vision for the finance function, establish clarity around the individual roles and inspire the team to deliver all output to the highest standards
- Manage relevant external relationships as appropriate
- Ownership of the annual statutory audit process
To be considered for this exciting position you will be qualified finance professional with previous experience of leading a finance in a Finance Director capacity. Consideration may also be given to an exceptional individual who has occupied a number two finance position looking to make a step-up.