Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
An expanding and highly profitable private equity backed business of scale is looking to hire a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager for a full-time, permanent role in Preston. With the business growing in a number of directions (both organically and by acquisition) there is a requirement for a commercially astute qualified accountant to take on this broad role which encompasses driving performance through partnering with the business’ operating functions as well as supporting the management reporting, budgeting and strategic planning processes. With that objective in mind, the business seeks an FP&A Manager keen to take responsibility who combines excellent communication and relationship building skills with sound business acumen.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A (but also working closely with the CFO and Group Financial Controller) this broad role encompasses aspects of Strategic Planning, Business Partnering and Financial Reporting and as such offers excellent scope for career development on a number of fronts. Key responsibilities of the FP&A Manager will include:
- Delivering and creating detailed annual budgets, strategic plans & quarterly forecasts;
- Partnering with the commercial and operational teams in understanding KPIs, driving business performance and making key business decisions;
- Working closely with key operations personnel on a variety of projects;
- Assisting with the financial planning and reporting strategy on a short, medium and long-term basis;
- Financial and scenario modelling and monthly reporting analysis;
- Updating and further developing the existing financial operating model; and
- Assisting the Group Financial Controller with the production of the management accounts and year end statutory reporting.
In relation to this Financial Planning and Analysis Manager role, the business wishes to speak with fully qualified, commercially astute accountants (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with strong analytical skills and attention to detail. You should also demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced organisation and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Sound technical accounting skills as well as the ability to analyse data from a commercial viewpoint;
- Experience of working in a Private Equity backed business is preferred, but not essential; and
- The ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and departments across the business.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the FP&A Manager will be a salary of up to £55,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus a car allowance and other benefits.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to make an identifiable difference to the performance of an award winning and rapidly growing PE backed business at a key stage of its growth. Apply today to find out more.