Head of Finance & Operations
Dartmouth are working exclusively with a boutique financial services advisory firm. The company provides independent advice to most prestigious Private Equity firms and their portfolio companies globally. Currently in growth, the business has doubled its revenue over the past 2 years and is poised to continue to expand internationally.
The company is looking to make their first in house finance hire to help increase visibility over financial performance and accelerate the international expansion. Working alongside the firms Partners, the successful candidate will bring all elements of accounting in house along with picking up a broader operational remit from their outgoing office manager.
- Responsibility for the overall financial management of the Company.
- Business Partner with the executive team on key financials and analysis.
- Handling the day-to-day, monthly and end of year accounting procedures
- Preparing annual budgets & forecasts.
- Review of monthly management reports, monitoring company performance and reporting on variances.
- Identifying issues and opportunities and reporting to the executive team.
- Monitor sales pipeline with appropriate fee-earners to ensure reforecasts are accurate
- Prepare ad hoc reforecasts of P&L and cash flow
- Ensure regulations are complied with e.g. employment law, health and safety, right to-work, visas, etc. and liaison with external bodies as required.
- Continually improving record keeping and reporting systems regarding payroll and HR
- Management of suppliers
- Manage company IT includingmonitoring suitability of existing systems and recommend improvements
- Ensuring Company HR processes are followed e.g. recruitment, performance review, etc
- Project manage Company changes as identified.
- Statutory-related duties.
- Any other duties as required.
- Qualified Accounting Professional (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- At least 3 years post qualified experience working in a sole finance position
- Experience working within a small, fast-paced financial services firm will be advantageous
- Experience working within both a finance and a wider operational role.
- Experience at bringing finance 'in house’ a distinct advantage