Public Sector Finance Manager
£45,000 - £60,000 per year
An exclusive opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to influence and lead a division within an organisation that delivers excellent services to its clientele across the midlands. Based in Derbyshire, this full-time, permanent role will see the successful Finance Manager bolster the team.
Your New Role
Finance Manager you will need to be an all-round accountant, showing proven experience in both management accounts and financial statutory reporting. You will be comfortable managing a wide team, setting up a good team structure and, most importantly, promoting an excellent working culture.
Key duties of the Finance Manager will include:
- Leadership and management of the financial activities within this division.
- Leading the planning and development of the organisational strategy and advising on the financial impact of long-range planning
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Year-end full financial accounts preparation.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals and HP schedules, Intercompany Reconciliations.
- Manage a finance team of up to 11 people.
- Control accounts; including maintaining asset depreciation records Supplier invoices and payments
- Implement new processes into the new ERP system.
- Liaising with auditors
- Bank payments
- Payroll preparation and approval (Weekly and Monthly)
- Dealing with queries re payroll
- Pension and P11D queries
- Ensure full compliance with HMRC and other governmental regulations including preparation of VAT returns, other tax returns
- Updating cashflow information in rolling cashflow spreadsheet
- Preparing final financial information for Board meetings as necessary
The successful Finance Manager will ideally have the following:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA/ACMA qualified
- Demonstrable financial management and commercial experience with a strong track record of supporting business growth
- Leadership and teamwork skills with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing and rapidly growing environment
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
- Ability to formulate financial plans (long term and tactical) and ensure full engagement
- Gravitas and ability to influence change and build strong financial management within the business
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Finance Manager will be:
- £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Bonus up to 5% plus excellent benefits
- Fantastic working environment and flexibility
- Excellent pension contribution
If you would like to discuss this Finance Manager opportunity in greater detail, please apply today.