Italian Speaking Cost Accountant
Italian Speaking Cost Accountant – Manchester – £36,650 plus company and personal bonus, pension, private health and flexible working - 12 Month FTC (strong possibility of permanent)
Based in Manchester our client is a large international manufacturing business who are seeking a strong, dedicated individual to become part of their Global Accounts Team as a Cost Accountant for the Italian operations on an initial 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
You will be primarily responsible for performing general ledger and cost accounting activities for assigned EMEA entities. Initiating, leading, and supervising projects, including process improvement initiatives.
- Review and reconciliation of inventory and manufacturing-related accounts and ledgers on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Perform the month-end plant closing process ensuring all month-end closing steps and system procedures are completed
- Performing monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Preparation of periodic financial reports, financial analysis and commentary
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on cost accounting matters
- Preparation and posting & reconciliation of journals and accounting ledgers
- P&L accounts and correct classification of assets and liabilities & reporting of inventory adjustments
- Assist plant controller with stock count adjustments and annual budgets
Ideally, you will be qualified CIMA or ACCA (by experience is equally valued) with strong communication skills in both English and Italian, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities and work cross-functionally with other departments in Europe and internationally. At least 6 years of general ledger accounting experience in a European/Manufacturing environment would be beneficial. The ability to plan, prioritise and organise your own workload is crucial, whilst also being able to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines. Strong working experience and knowledge of SAP is essential for the role.