A family values, private, SME construction group are looking to hire a Finance Manager to head up the day to day financial activities through to the production of monthly management accounts and analysis for review by the part time Finance Director, managing a small finance team of 4. The business has been thriving over the last few years and is in good health despite recent events. The principle responsibilities of your remit are:
- Ensuring the integrity of the accounting data on Sage L50 through overseeing bookkeeping entries and reconciliations of the team
- Producing monthly management accounts for review including P&L, Balance sheets, Cash Flow and commercial analysis
- Calculating all HMRC tax returns throughout the year including VAT, CT, PAYE returns
- Effective Cash Flow Management to meet operational requirements and overseeing credit control.
- Ensuring that wages & CIS subcontractors are accurately recorded on Sage Payroll and Sage CIS respectively.
- Year End Accounting and filing
- Liaising with the Group’s external auditors and bank facilities
- Maintenance of company car records
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Implementation of effective internal controls and procedures.