Accounts Receivable Technician
Accounts Receivable Technician
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Are you an eagle-eyed accounts professional looking for a career move that offers challenge, development prospects and recognition for your hard work?
Want to become part of a skilled and determined team who take real pride in what they do?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to play a vital behind-the-scenes role in an organisation that’s respected across the world.
Our client is an internationally renowned provider of NDT (non-destructive testing), corrosion and coatings training and consultancy services.
Based in a multi-million pound Engineering Training Centre, they provide an unrivalled learning environment with the latest equipment and facilities on offer.
They are proud to be a part of an organisation that has been improving the world through engineering since 1847.
Our client is currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Technician to join their Finance Department.
As an Accounts Receivable Technician, you’ll make sure that the Accounts Receivable Ledger is run like clockwork.
You’ll join the recently established Shared Service Centre and ensure its continued success. Working with the Accounts Payable Technician and Treasury Technicians, you’ll promote a positive, efficient and professional image of the Centre, delivering great service to internal and external contacts alike.
Some of your day-to-day duties will involve:
- Raising multi-currency invoices
- Chasing overdue debt via email and telephone, acting in a tactful and sensitive manner as the situation requires
- Allocating payment receipts downloaded from Bankline and credit card portals
- Swiftly investigating queries
- Assisting with cash forecasting and protecting working capital
- Regularly reviewing the aged accounts report to see where your focus should be
- Helping the Accounts Payable Team during holidays or absences
The Accounts Receivable Technician will need to be a confident communicator with a strong customer focus and a great eye for detail to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy. To be considered, you’ll need:
- Experience in an accounts role
- A head for numbers
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with a range of people diplomatically and sensitively
- A high degree of professionalism, honesty and integrity
Our client uses Microsoft Business Central accounts systems, as well as Arlo and Strip, so experience with any of these would be an advantage. It would also be beneficial if you have a formal accountancy qualification (or be working towards this).
You may have previously worked as an Accounts Receivable Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, AR Technician, Accounts Clerk, or Accounts Receivable Ledger Clerk.
- Salary of £19,500 - £22,500 per annum (depending on experience)
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including a stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- Wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-moving Finance Department, which plays an integral role in the successful operation of this pioneering organisation.
Our client helps to strengthen the world’s leading companies, so they understand the importance of learning and development. Here, you’ll be supported to grow, enhance your expertise and become the best at what you do.
The organisation is dedicated to making your time with them a satisfying and enjoyable experience. You’ll be rewarded for your achievements, encouraged to pursue your interests and empowered to make a difference within your part of the organisation.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The health and wellbeing of employees is our client’s highest priority, so this role will initially be home based. Once COVID-19 restrictions ease, you’ll be working from their state-of-the-art training centre in Sheffield.
Thank you for your interest in this post. Our client looks forward to receiving your application.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you want to take on a role where you’ll be excited to come to work, apply via the button shown and become our client’s next Accounts Receivable Technician. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.