- Full Time
RattrayParkin are currently supporting the recruitment requirements of a highly successful Leicestershire based manufacturing group which is seeking to recruit a high-calibre Group Accountant to take a newly created role within their business. The group, which is a major player within its space and which is ahead of budget despite current conditions, generates annual revenues of circa £250m and offers excellent career development opportunities.
To be considered for this position then it is likely that you will be a practice trained qualified accountant with strong technical skills looking to make your first move out of practice, or you have already gained one to two years of post-qualification experience within industry, and you are now looking for a broader role.
Principal responsibilities of the Group Accountant will be as follows:
- Prepare monthly management and statutory accounts for selected Group subsidiaries to agreed timescales.
- Coordinate and prepare the monthly management accounts and statutory consolidation for the Group.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all Interco trading and loan balances.
- Undertake the day to day accounting functions for small subsidiaries including banking, sales or recharge invoices, purchase invoices etc.
- Monitor, analyse and report on Group working capital to help maintain effective levels across the business.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, where necessary, for the selected Group subsidiaries. Coordinate and prepare consolidated Group budgets and cashflows
- Review, identify and report on Group, Divisional and Company internal controls to ensure suitability and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the audit process and help coordinate activity and query resolution.Review and coordinate corporate tax returns to ensure consistency, accuracy and Group relief appropriate. Manage the VAT returns and administration for the relevant Group subs.
- Support the wider Group business finance teams with help, support, advice and backup for month end processes and accounting systems.
- Review and recommend improvements in the reporting and budgeting processes to develop robustness, efficiency, usefulness and timeliness.
- Form and develop positive and working business relationships with external and internal partners – for example, banking, insurance, audit & tax plus senior managers and executives within the division and Group and within the wider Group finance community.
- Other ad-hoc duties where required in support of the Group financial reporting processes.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious finance professional seeking to forge a successful career in industry within a first class business.
Apply for Group Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly