Regulatory Reporting Accountant
3 days left
- Full Time
The UK's largest organisation in its field seeks a Regulatory Reporting Accountant to strengthen its head office finance function. Based in Reading, the successful Accountant will be offered a full-time, permanent role paying up to £52,000 per year.
Your New Role
You will provide regulatory accounting expertise to the wider business and be responsible for the consolidation of regulatory information from across the business for inclusion in the Annual Performance Report ("APR") required by Ofwat. Your key duties as Regulatory Reporting Accountant will include:
- Understanding Ofwat's requirements for the financial sections of the Annual Performance Report and associated deliverables (including cost assessment tables, RAG 5 disclosures).
- Detailed understanding of Ofwat's Regulatory Accounting Guidelines (RAGs).
- Understanding of the appointed and non-appointed business and how income and expenditure are allocated by price control.
- Preparation of the Accounting Methodology Statement.
- Maintenance of the regulatory financial reporting model in Anaplan and leading the APR query process.
- Assisting in setting policies for regulatory reporting and delivering training to the wider finance team.
- Supporting continuous improvement in the data we publish alongside reviewing/challenging deliverables from around the business.
- Consolidating information provided by the business for inclusion in the Annual Performance Report.
- Allocating central costs to appropriate price controls.
- Responding to Ofwat consultation(s) on Annual Performance Reporting and amendments to RAGs.
- Being the regulatory point of contact for the organisation's finance teams from other related companies.
Applications are invited from qualified chartered accountant - ACA, ACCA or equivalent - with post-qualification experience. You should also demonstrate:
- Previous experience of regulatory reporting.
- Process excellence expertise and experience.
- Strong attention to detail and strong written and verbal skills.
- Good technical knowledge and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Continuous improvement and process excellence experience and capability.
- Proven project management skills and an understanding of management, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
In return, the Regulatory Reporting Accountant will be offered £40,000 - £52,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus competitive benefits.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic Regulatory Reporting Accountant role, please apply now.
Apply for Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly