Senior Finance Business Partner - FTC
Marks Sattin are proud to be partnering a well-known manufacturing business in South Yorkshire who are looking to recruit a Senior Finance Business Partner. This is a brand new role that has been created due to sales growth and increase in demand but also to plan for life after COVID-19.
The role will be a six month contract however for the right person it could go permanent as they are keen to attract and retain the very best talent. The role will report directly to the FD and work closely with the sales and marketing teams in order to drive the 1-3 year strategic plan. The majority of the role will be commercially focused with one week reporting/month-end based and the rest strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting for the year ahead.
This position will specifically be working closeley with the newly appointed Manufacturing Director and is essentially a "mini FD" in a large multi-national.
The role responsibilities will be varied and include but not exclusive to the below:
- Review the Management Accounts, MI and KPIs on a monthly basis, providing commentary on the exceptional variances, identifying and understanding any trends, risks and opportunities in conjunction with the operational management. Present results at business unit management team meetings. Provide summary commentary for Executive and Group Reporting packs.
- Manage and develop the Assistant Financial Analyst, supporting them in their responsibilities of providing financial and operational reporting, process and business improvement recommendations, and data management.
- Maintain a rolling budget/forecasting model to improve forecast accuracy and the efficiency of the budget/forecast process.
- Manage the quarterly forecasting and annual budget processes, carrying out reviews and building up the budget annually with the responsible business unit Managers. Understand and provide commentary on the key drivers to budgetary success, identifying risks and opportunities. Maintain a rolling budget/forecasting model to improve forecast accuracy and the efficiency of the budget/forecast process.
- Support the business units through the tender / bid process, providing financial analysis, proposition development and robust commercial models. This will include financial assessment such as discounted cash-flow, ROCE and other measures to demonstrate financial viability and any asset or working capital investment requirements.
- Support the business units through contract mobilisation to BAU, including supporting on TUPE transfers. Develop a clear understanding of individual contract specification and terms to ensure compliance.
- Review Customer / Contract / Business unit profitability, working with Managers to develop cost reduction initiatives, business improvement projects and customer/contract development plans.
- Develop flexible, competitive pricing models, responsive to market and customer demand, recognising the different business unit cost drivers; and price / margin sensitivity.
Interviews will be held via Skype and the start date is to be confirmed but it is most likely a 2-4 week lead time. The ideal candidate will be from a large Manufacturing/Retail business with strong planning and reporting experience including advanced excel and modelling skills.