Group Financial Accountant
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Group Financial Accountant to join a leading FTSE business that is undergoing healthy growth despite these otherwise uncertain times. Based in Central Hertfordshire, this Financial Accountant role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
Your New Role
The Group Financial Accountant will work alongside the Head of Group Reporting and will gain exposure to the senior management team while working closely with the Group Financial Controller to support a variety of projects.
With a flat structure across Senior Finance and day to day exposure to the senior finance team and Board, this newly created post gives insight and a high-level view of the PLC as well as supporting confidential activities such as acquisitions and other initiatives.
Due to the flexible, open and communitive style of the senior management team, this role represents the perfect opportunity for a high calibre finance professional to lead and support technical accounting projects and enhance the reporting.
As the Group Financial Accountant your day to day duties and activities will include:
- Supporting and leading technical accounting matters including IFRS 16, IFRS 9 and GAAP
- Supporting the Company Secretarial team to improve the complex statutory needs of the business
- Supporting and driving statutory accounting whilst building relationships across the finance function and wider international business to ensure "best in class" financial control
- Assisting the Board and Audit Committee with ad-hoc projects
- Developing finance related IT and processes (SAP exposure would be beneficial)
- Assisting with acquisitions and disposals
- Pulling together Group consolidations within a multi-currency environment
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Chartered Accountant who demonstrates:
- Experience from a top 4 Practice
- Exposure to reporting within a listed business
- Exposure to IFRS 16 and 9
A senior Financial Accountant or Manager coming straight from Practice will also be considered, especially if they have undertaken a relevant secondment.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Financial Accountant is £60,000 - £70,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package including a car allowance, bonus, pension and more, plus very good long-term development and career opportunities.
This is an opportunity to join a growing Group team during its early stages and therefore offers superb long term progression within a highly successful listed business.
Please apply today to find out more about this exceptional Financial Accountant opportunity in Hertfordshire.