An opportunity has become available for a Management Accountant to join a prestigious multi-academy trust based in East London
This role is based across both the head office and the schools, so you will get direct business partnering experience with the Business Managers and Head Teachers, and will be responsible for providing them with consistent, timely and accurate management information including robust budget and forecasting models
The key accountabilities of the post are:
- Prepare management accounts and other financial reports.
- Ensuring timely and accurate supply of financial information to the organisation's senior management
- Assist the School Principal in preparing an annual budget and re-forecasting when required
- Implementing improvements in the systems surrounding all aspects of the organisation's budgets, forecasting and business planning.
- Analysing variances and exploring potential problems with budget holders. Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the organisation.
- To prepare business plans and oversee and monitor expenditure and cash flows relating to major capital expenditure projects. Ensuring the projects are performing in line with budget and the timing of future cash flows are properly understood. Attending meetings, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders and presenting the financial status of the projects.
- To maintain an overview of grants, donations and sponsorships receivable, liaising with grant and sponsors to ensure all eligible grants are applied for and process for obtaining payment understood.
- To ensure that the MAT receives all of the funding that it is entitled to.
- To ensure that the management information is robust, accurate and available to Governors, managers, staff and stakeholders as required.
- To assist with the audit process to ensure the satisfactory completion of the annual audit
- To support the FD, to develop and manage financial systems/models, carrying out business modelling, risk assessments and value for money studies, overseeing grant applications.
- To comply with common standards of practice across the organisation and oversee the systems and processes to ensure compliance.
- To be able to use a range of evidence/data to support, monitor, evaluate and benchmark the financial performance of the schools against each other and the broader community.
This is an excellent role for a part-qualified - finalist Management Accountant who is keen to develop their business partnering skills further. You will also have the opportunity to advance your reporting, budgeting and forecasting skills to a high level.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and experience working as a Management Accountant. SUN systems experience would be ideal but isn't essential.