SOX Finance Analyst
As the Assistant Internal Controls Manager you will be responsible for UK SOX Compliance as well as oversight over implementing effective internal controls nationally.
A multi-national FMCG brand with ambitious growth plans following 12 months of European transformation headed out of the UK.
- Liaising with stakeholders to identify and understand key business changes.
- Evaluate and assess the impact of the change on financial /operational/business processes and its overall impact on financial reporting.
- Supporting the business in designing effective controls to mitigate risks emerging from the business change and ensuring that all new / changed processes are adequately documented and/or existing narratives are updated accordingly.
- Administers global Risk and Compliance Framework, monitor resolution of control weaknesses and recommendations.
- Provide guidance and training on all aspects of internal control including interpretation of relevant policies, application of documentation best practices and the detection of possible red flags of fraud.
- Identify improvement opportunities to enhance quality, consistency, relevance and efficiency of internal controls.
- Assists evaluating effectiveness of the global Risk and Compliance Framework. Periodically reviews automated transaction monitoring reports and investigates the potential SOD conflicts.
- Providing regular update to line management on SOx compliance and contributing to the monthly Control Steering Group (CSG) to inform and challenge key stakeholders in control issues
- Internal Controls & Risk Management Experience
- Knowledge of core financial and operational processes
- Accounting/Audit background
- Knowledge of using data analytics
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) plus 1 PQE
- Internationally recognised certification Internal Audit (CIA or equivalent)
- ERP implementation and business transformation programme experience
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. This will include presentational, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and persuade, sometimes in a setting that is unresponsive or hostile to control recommendations.
- Must have a good level of numeracy, keyboard skills and computer literacy.
- Must have the ability to make judgements and recommendations in the context of complex systems and risk and materiality of findings.
- Must have good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing competing priorities.
- Must be able to be flexible and adaptable to change.
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits.