Head of Finance and Support Services
5 days left
- Full Time
Great opportunity to use your finance and wider skills in a large community based charity in Huddersfield as a Head of Finance and Support Services. Within this role you will have a broad portfolio of work to deliver outside of the core finance.
National Children's Centre, trading as Yorkshire Children's Centre, is a registered charity, established in 1974, based in Kirklees and delivering services across South and West Yorkshire.
Our vision is a future where everyone has opportunities for a better life.
Our work is delivered through 4 themes of activity - Specialist Family Services, Education & Training, Early Intervention & Prevention, and Social Enterprise.
We have a strong set of values that informs all of our work which are:"
As Head of Finance and Support Services you will ensure that YCC has effective and compliant Finance, Human Resources, IT and Buildings Management functions that support the overarching vision and mission of the charity, and meet the needs of the clients, staff and volunteers working in the charity. Additionally you will provide management oversight of a variety of 3rd party sub-contractors who support the charity in the delivery of these functions and areas of Compliance. Key areas of delivery will include:
As part of the Leadership Team to contribute to strategy, policy, planning and risk management.
To take a lead on the financial overview of YCC to ensure we deliver short and long term objectives. To oversee and support the Finance team, developing finance strategy, policy and processes - including budgeting, management accounting and future forecasting.
To manage the relationship with our outsourced HR Business Partner, and work the Leadership Team to ensure recruitment, retention, development and motivation of high quality staff who are actively supported to develop their potential and deliver work to the best of their abilities.
To work with our outsourced IT partner, ensuring the IT network and systems work effectively, efficiently and fully meet the charity's requirements.
To oversee the relationship with our external compliance contractors who support the charity's activities eg Health & Safety, Data Protection as well as being responsible for all aspects of compliance within our areas of work.
To work with the Buildings Managers to ensure systems and processes are in place so that all our buildings are maintained to a high standard and in a proactive manner
To work with the Service Manager for our Community Buildings to ensure they operate to a high standard of service and support the charity's income generating activities.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to use their accountancy skills to add value across this Head of Finance and Support Services role with a broad portfolio of work to deliver beyond that of a pure finance role. You may have a previous track record within a charity, but this is also a rare opportunity to move into the sector and join YCC from a private sector background. To be successful in this role candidates will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Candidates will ideally be fully qualified accountants (ACA / ACCA / CIPFA / CIMA ) or have significant relevant practical experience (qualified by experience)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Accountancy packages
- A proven track record of success in a relevant field - charity and not for profit experience is useful, but not essential
- Experience of leadership, coaching and line management of a team
- Previous experience of the design and implementation of financial strategies
- Experience of working with outsourcers / external contractors
- The ability to think strategically and proactively
- Must be comfortable operating at a Senior level and interacting with other senior representatives (internal or external), corporate partners and other stakeholders
- Expertise in all aspects of operational management including planning, project management and problem solving.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability and track record of working as part of a busy team and working effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to coach and motivate team members
- A team player with a positive, solution focused approach
- Flexible and reliable
- Inspiring, enthusiastic and must enjoy working with people
- Regularly demonstrates a positive attitude and is customer focused ensuring that the needs of customers are maintained and managed appropriately.
- Willingness to work flexibly and willing to work outside normal office hours.
- Able to work across various locations
The benefits on offer for the successful candidate are as follows:
- Up to £45,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- A 3% contribution to a pension scheme.
- Free parking
This role is being handled exclusively by Michael Page and any direct applications will be forwarded onto Michael Page. The interview and assessment day is scheduled for the 29th September.