Senior Finance Manager
Our client is looking to bring in a Senior Finance Manager on an 18 month contract. The role will report directly to the Head of Finance and Procurement
Our client is a large public sector body in Dumfries
The role will entail but will not be exclusive to:
- Plan and deliver a treasury management, pensions fund management, loans fund management, capital and insurance service, including the development of supporting plans, strategies and Annual Accounts
- Manage the Treasury, Insurance, Capital, and Service administrative support resource
- Develop and maintain the financial management and control framework including financial codes and financial guidance
- Take responsibility for the management of the functions and services assigned
- Support the Director and Heads of Service in the corporate and strategic leadership
- Assume budget, resource and management responsibility as delegated by the Chief Executive, Directors and Heads of Service
- Manage key programmes and projects
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery ensuring a value for money approach to the utilisation of resources
- Ensure that resources (including people and property) are optimised and controlled effectively by the development, implementation and monitoring of robust financial arrangements
The successful candidate requires as a minimum:
- Sound knowledge of budgetary control and quality assurance systems, and experience of interpreting and understanding complex financial, budgetary and resource information.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory responsibilities, legislation and regulations in relation to the provision of services within remit.
- Understanding of the workings of Local Government, including community planning.
- Expert in the planning and provision of a Treasury and Capital accounting function
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans, strategies and policies across a wide range of areas to meet the needs of the business
- Proven effective management skills that provide a supportive environment within which colleagues can develop.
- A Professional Accountancy qualification, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA, etc
- Experience in a similar role
A very exciting, long term contract