Head of Finance
- Full Time
Head of Finance for a Central London University, reporting into the Finance Director and leading a finance change programme across multiple business units.
This Central London University is the leader worldwide in its field. They have a particular focus, are financially very strong and have consistently strong student numbers across all of their courses.
The University operates more commercially than most, with a broad range of income streams. They are now looking at corporate services and aiming to improve the service delivery across the organisation. Within the finance team, this means they are looking at a consolidation of processes, systems and reporting, to provide better information to department heads and the senior leadership team. This role will play a key part in this, driving better communication and collaboration within business areas, as well as driving towards "best in class" management information provision.
- Line manage and support a finance team across multiple locations, including a mixture of qualified and part qualified accountants
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders across the organisation, influencing decision making and supporting teams to work positively together
- Lead on improvement of reporting, processes and systems across different business areas, implementing a standardised approach where possible
- Drive "best in class" service delivery, through better business partnering and stronger, more reliable reporting and information
You will be a full qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) and hold post qualification experience. You will have an excellent understanding of what a fantastic finance service looks like. You will have experienced complex finance teams and organisational structures and helped to drive improvement and change within these.
You will have line managed teams effectively and you will have worked across an organisation, communicating and building relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Salary £55,000 to £65,000 dependent upon experience
- Fantastic pension
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and close down over the Christmas period