Finance Assistant | Fintech Start-Up | Leamington Spa
Finance Assistant | High-Growth SaaS/Fintech Start-Up | Leamington Spa
Harmonic are proud to be working on an exclusive basis with an incredibly exciting start-up providing SaaS/Fintech services to the automotive industry. After weathering the storm that COVID-19 has presented exceptionally well, they are now looking to capitalise on their strong market position and are doing this by investing in their finance team.
The team is small and there is a huge emphasis on culture with plenty of exciting socials pipelined for when things return to normality. The personality fit for this role will be massively important so if you're a charismatic, ambitious junior accountant, this could be a great opportunity to gain some great experience and progression!
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Financial Controller and will be responsible for looking after the sales ledger, AP and Credit Control functions.
- Working with the sales team to ensure that all customer invoices are raised appropriately.
- Working with the wider team to proactively manage the collection of outstanding customer balances and promote the company's credit policy.
- Credit control, including sending statements, emails and putting calls into customers.
- Maintaining relationships with our customers' finance teams.
- Resolving customer invoice and payment queries.
- Daily allocation of cash received from customers, and processing payments to suppliers.
- Dealing with general Sales administration as required.
- Processing supplier invoices and ensuring their correct allocation to the company's nominal ledger.
- Allocating supplier payments within the company's records.
- Assisting in the completion of daily bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with financial month end procedures, as necessary.
- Ad hoc administration and other financial duties as required.
What we need to see (essential):
- The ideal candidate will have experience working within a small accounts team, preferably within a Sales Ledger function.
- Educated to at least AAT Level 3 or 4, or equivalent.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Computer Literate with sound knowledge of Excel.
- Have an excellent work ethic and a strong desire to be successful.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Suitable candidates will be comfortable dealing with people of all levels, internally as well as externally.
- Be self-assured, assertive, and tenacious when dealing with customer queries.
- Have the confidence to develop business relationships.
- Be able to prioritise their workload.
What we'd like to see (bonus):
- Knowledge of XERO an advantage, but not essential.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 + study support
Start date: ASAP
Location: Leamington Spa, West Midlands, UK
Please get in touch with Jack () for further information.
Please feel free to share this with friends of colleagues that may be in interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ