Group Financial Accountant
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Group Financial Accountant to join a leading FSTE business based in Central Hertfordshire on a full-time, permanent basis. This is an opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant to join a growing Group team during the early stages and therefore offers superb long term progression within a highly successful listed business.
Your New Role
The Group Financial Accountant will work alongside the Head of Group Reporting and will gain exposure to the senior management team, working closely with the Group Financial Controller to support a variety of projects.
With a flat structure across Senior Finance and day to day exposure to the Senior Finance team and Board this newly created post gives insight and a high-level view of the PLC, as well as supporting confidential activities such as acquisitions and other initiatives.
Due to the flexible, open and communicative style of the senior management team this represents the perfect opportunity for a high calibre finance professional to have the freedom to lead ad support technical accounting projects and enhance the reporting within a market leading FTSE.
As Group Reporting Accountant, your day to day duties and activities will include:
- Supporting and leading technical accounting matters including IFRS 16, IFRS 9 and GAAP.
- Supporting the Company Secretarial team to improve the complex statutory needs of the business.
- Supporting and driving statutory accounting whilst building relationships across the finance function and wider international business to ensure "best in class" financial control.
- Assisting the Board and Audit Committee with ad-hoc projects
- Developing the Finance related IT and processes (SAP exposure would be beneficial)
- Assisting with acquisitions and disposals
- Pulling together Group consolidations within a multi-currency environment and ad-hoc projects.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Chartered Accountant and will have come from a top 4 Practice with exposure to reporting within a listed business with exposure to IFRS 16 and 9. However, a senior or Manager straight from Practice will also be considered especially if undertaken a relevant secondment.
In return, the Group Financial Accountant will be offered:
- £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
- A comprehensive package including, car allowance, bonus, pension and other benefits.
- Very good long-term development and career opportunities.
If you would like to find out more about this Group Financial Accountant opportunity, please apply today.