Newly-created and varied Tax Accountant role in a successful and expanding Gloucestershire business.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- Management of Corporation Tax returns
- R&D tax credit claims
- Accurate and timely completion of UK VAT returns
- Payroll-related tax compliance, including monthly RTI and P11Ds
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) compliance and process
- Ensure all accounting systems and processes are configured to capture all information for direct and indirect tax reporting purposes
- Ensure overseas tax requirements are met
- Liaison with business stakeholders to ensure tax implications are fully appraised
- Work with group’s external tax advisors and HMRC
- Maintain appropriate tax records and drive process improvements
- Liaison with / training of other Finance team members
- Liaison with / education of non-finance staff to increase tax awareness
- Review of new projects, proposed capital spend and other investment appraisals to ensure tax implications are adequately considered
- Appraisal of new / upcoming legislation, impact on business and recommendations for action (e.g. Brexit, VAT reverse charge)
You should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in corporate tax.
You will be fully / partly professionally qualified, preferably ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA, or qualified by experience in practice, industry or HMRC.