Deputy Head of Financial Accounts
5 days left
- Full Time
A Deputy Head of Financial Accounts position has become available, due in internal promotion, for an NHS organisation based in Central London. You will join a supportive team that works closely together in a vibrant environment.
We’re looking for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA qualified individual who has strong Excel skills in order to manipulate reports and data as well as a wealth of experience in capital, financial accounts and treasury.
As the Deputy Head of Financial Accounts you will manage and be responsible for the provision of all aspects of the Financial, Capital and Treasury Accounting functions, ensuring that financial control systems, procedures and policies are in place so that financial integrity is maintained at all times, allowing the Trust’s monthly financial position and annual statutory accounts to be reported in line with national accounting standards.
You will be responsible for ensuring that there is proper control over the Trust’s cash and revenue resource allocation ensuring it is accurately reflected within the budgetary and accounting systems. You will also provide high quality and comprehensive professional financial advice concerning capital spends which supports the Trust’s strategic planning.
In this Deputy Head of Financial Accounts role you will be expected to operate at a senior level in the organisation, interpreting complex information and make presentations to sub-committees of the Board and large groups of senior staff. You must form highly effective working relationships with clinical and non-clinical colleagues providing expert knowledge and advice on financial and capital matters within the context of high quality clinical service delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the financial, capital and treasury accounting teams.
- Holding responsibility for the planning and production of annual accounts and working papers.
- Overall responsibility for the completion of control accounts.
- Ensuring that VAT is accounted for in accordance with HMRC rules.
- Acting as the expert on capital, working closely with operations, finance, estates and facilities colleagues.
- The development and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, including annual revaluation and depreciation forecasts.
- Identifying threats to financial viability
- Continually reviewing financial systems, including general ledger development opportunities.
- Undertaking the audit of specific functions or procedures.
- Overseeing the cash management function.
- Producing regular cash-flow analysis and forecasts.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures within the financial accounting section.
- Assisting in the preparation of writing board reports.
- Managing the balance sheet and cash resources.
- Production of capital sections of the annual accounts to meet statutory and audit requirements.
- Leading in production of monthly external returns.
- Providing high quality information to Executive Directors, Senior Managers and Operational Governance Committees.
- Advising of capital sources of funding.
- Supporting of capital bids.
- Developing strategies and procedures to maximise eligible VAT recovery in respect of capital projects.
If you would like further information please get in touch with Lauren Oliver at CY Executive Resourcing on 01905731313 or submit your CV by clicking apply now.
Apply for Deputy Head of Financial Accounts
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly