Senior Accountant - Edinburgh
Job Title: Senior Accountant Location: Edinburgh
Your new company
This UK wide firm are one of the UK's largest specialist providers of fixed fee, limited company accountancy services to contractors and freelancers. The Edinburgh team is busy and due to a maternity cover need, they are looking to recruit a senior accountant for a period of 12 months.
Your new role
You'll primarily be responsible for the effective and efficient management of a portfolio of clients; ensuring that the service provided achieves the company and client expectations. You'll also be expected to assist and support the wider team in the office & nationally with training/ development as well as daily technical support along with all quality control within the team.
Within this busy role you will be responsible for
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600, and Corporation Tax computations
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts, Company and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Taking on and managing new clients
- Growing the business through referrals
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice
- Advise clients in relation to IR35 and the associated implications of this legislation
- Respond to client enquiries in line with the company guarantee policy
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues
This role is very much split between managing a portfolio and supporting a busy team.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience within an accountancy practice, have previously been responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, be Part-qualified/ Qualified accountant . (ACCA/ ATT) or equivalent commercial experience and have Knowledge of revenue guidelines. You will also have experience of mentoring junior team members and have great communication skills. You will also be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and a knowledge of IRIS software packages is highly desirable
What you'll get in return
This varied role is based in the city centre and offer flexible working / dress down dress code along with a range of other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Accountant - Edinburgh
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly