Senior Fund Accountant
Are you a talented and dynamic Fund Accountant or looking for your next step then this opportunity could be for you!
This role requires a talented individual to take the key role in the Investment Company Accounts department within Investments for a fast-growing investment management business. Have general oversight of investment-related businesses which operate under the direction of Heads of Investment Teams and under the overall direction of the Chief Investment Officer to the CIO and Investment Team Heads, the role will provide direct interfaces with senior management, and the Investment Teams.
The role will have a significant amount of autonomy and is required to provide system improvements and ideas for the growth of the business
- To oversee all portfolio companies accounting related matters including; preparing management accounts / financial statements, management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, cash management, cash flow reporting and business structuring.
- Oversight of the monthly management client fund accounts / information packs and highlighting to senior management key trends and issues for appropriate business decisions to be made.
- Recommend changes and that will improve financial performance of portfolio companies and create, implement and maintain robust and effective processes and controls in the finance function to safeguard investor's assets.
- Identify and drive business improvement in cash management and ensure payment schedules align to cash flow requirements for client accounts.
- Management, coaching and development of existing fund accounts team and contribution to the team as it grows with the business including supporting their career development and accountancy training as necessary.
- Be accountable for all aspects of invoice processing, accounting, fee payments, journal posting, audit and credit control for the portfolio.
- Liaising with external auditors, tax reporting (including VAT, CIS, CT), and management of external accounting providers with regards to the production of annual statutory client fund accounts.
- To develop a strong understanding of the investment portfolio business model and the challenges that it will face and provide advice on how to manage those challenges.
- Assisting Investment Teams on structuring transactions, providing technical advice as necessary such as VAT, SDLT, capital allowances.
- Compliance and monitoring as necessary including oversight of all the Energy Portfolio's £50m of senior debt facilities with various third-party lenders, as well an ensure all loan and interest commitments are met, submission of semi-annual financial covenant reports and distribution requests.
- Support the implementation of IT systems and the integration into the wider Finance technology solution for the business.
- Management of NAV adjustments and creation of suitable share price valuation methodology and related company borrowing policies.
You will have successful experience of working in a multi-company group structure at a private equity firm, fund administrator or asset manager. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have experience in highly analytical roles and be confident to take the lead on technical accounting matters.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Fund Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly