Accounts Payable Clerk
Hays are pleased to be partnered exclusively with a large shared-service centre, operating in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, in their search for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Strong payments/reconciliation experience required, as well as prior experience working within a large environment or shared service centre. Great opportunity to get involved with a reputable, city centre business and develop your existing exposure.
Day to day will involve:
- Managing & administering full end-to-end invoice processing, which is likely to involve invoice scanning, invoice matching to purchase orders & the chasing down of outstanding invoices/purchase orders
- Ensuring all incoming invoices, statements and collection letters are administered appropriately
- Administering employee expense claims in line with policy
- Administering employee p-card claims in line with policy
- All accounts payable mailboxes are pro-actively managed on a daily basis, ensuring that prompt & urgent requests are escalated in line with agreed SLA's
- Consistently identify areas of process improvement
- Reconcile vendor statements ensuring that any highlighted issues or discrepancies are pro-actively managed on a regular basis
- Following the debit balance process, actively chase down refunds with the vendors, to clear the aged creditor ledger
- Final demands and county court judgements are managed & cleared promptly
- Work with procurement as appropriate but particularly around master data management & PO compliance
- All payments are optimised and made in line with vendor payment terms, ensuring appropriate invoice approvals are place at all times
- Resolve payment queries in line with the agreed SLA
- Clear SLA's are developed and shared with all stakeholders, to acknowledge the role they play and the timeliness of responses required
- Ensure excellent customer service levels are maintained when communicating with both internal & external customers
- Maintain a strong control framework, in line with agreed SOX controls & best practice
Experience with Concur or Dynamics is desirable but not essential.
Salary is up to £24,000 + benefits. Interested? Follow the link below to apply!.
Apply for Accounts Payable Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly